- About NDA – National Defence Academy
- Selection Process
The committee members consisted of the following:-
- The Chief of the General Staff.
- The Officers Commanding, Royal Indian Navy.
- The Air Officers Commanding, Royal Indian Air Force.
- Secretary to the Government of India, War Department.
- The Educational Advisor to the Government of India.
- Sir Mirza Mohammed Ismail, Prime Minister, Jaipur State.
- Rao Bahadur Rao Raja Narpat Singh, Jodhpur.
- Dr Amarnath Jha, Vice Chancellor, Allahabad University *.
- Khan Bahadur Mian Afzal Hussian, former Vice Chancellor of Punjab University.
- WX Mascarenhas, Principal, College of Engineering, Poona.
- AE Foot, Headmaster, Doon School, Dehradun.
The National Defence Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together before they go on to pre-commissioning training in their respective service academies. NDA exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Recruitment of candidates to Army, Navy and Air force wings of the National Defence Academy (NDA), is through National Defence Academy Entrance Exam which is held twice a year, generally in the month of April and September. They earn Rs.21000 as stiffened. After completing three years training in pune, they will obtain a degree from JNTU in B.Sc/ B.Sc in computer science/ B.A. after that trade training is given and their career starts in Indian army leftant. And navy candidates can start their career as sub leftant and those who selected air force start their career flying officer. Their starting salary will be Rs.45000 after all the allowances. A candidate must be an unmarried male. The course of training is for three years. They continue in the post as captain, major, carnal, brigade. They can grow to the stage of Chief of army staff, admiral, and air chief marshal.
Selection board : UPSC
Notification : twice a year (October, March)
Exam : in April and august.
Selection process : based on written exam, interview, strength and medical tests.
Educational Qualification : Candidates must have Completed 10+2.
Age : 16 ½ – 19 years.
Fees : Candidates must pay a registration fee of Rs. 100/- in any branch of SBI or by using net banking facility of SBI or bank affiliates. The rate will not apply to the SC / ST candidates and children JCO / NCO / OR.
Marital Status – Unmarried
Likely SSB Date – Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr
Date Commencement of Training – January and July
Duration of Training –
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yr at IMA(For Army cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yr at Naval Academy(For Naval cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 & 1/2 Yrs at AFA Hyderabad (For AF cadets)